Orange Beach, AL
Purpose of the Job: Performs work involving maintenance to keep machines, mechanical equipment, and the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve machining, carpentry, repairing electrical or mechanical equipment installing, repairing buildings, floors, or stairs. This will include inside condo units as well as common areas of the buildings.
Minimum Skills and Abilities Required:
- Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken English
- Asks questions as appropriate
- Speaks clearly so that it is understandable to a listener
- Performs physical activities that require moving one’s whole body, such as in climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, where the activities often also require considerable use of the arms and legs, such as in the physical handling of materials
- Able to lift 50 lbs minimum and stand up to 10 hours per day
- Able to walk up or down 15 flights of stairs in the event an elevator is not available
- High School Diploma or GED is required. In addition, training in vocational schools or related on-the-job experience is satisfactory
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a representative of Caribe, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other employees of Caribe, owners, guests, and other members of the community
- Reads work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance
- Repairs or replaces defective locks, hinges, cranks, and pieces of wood, using glue, hand tools, and power tools
- Disassembles appliance to examine specific mechanical and electrical parts to diagnose problem
- Replaces worn and defective parts, such as switches, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, circuit boards, or defective wiring
- Repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains
- Installs and/or repairs wiring and electrical and electronic component
- Realigns windows and screens to fit casements and oils moving parts
- Paints and repairs woodwork and plaster
- Inspects and tests machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Records repairs made and associated costs
- Attends departmental meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Caribe maintenance departments are staffed seven days per week. There may be a scheduling need that requires evening hours.
- Uniforms are required for all Caribe maintenance staff and must be laundered, pressed, and fit appropriately.
- Work environment includes exposure to inclement weather, heat, and humidity.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**Please include phone number with application. Must live locally.